Mobility 2025 is one of a series of workshops to be held across the UK to explore transport in the sustainable cities of the future.
Efficient and affordable transport systems are important to the whole community and particularly to business, and vital to the West Midlands as it extends its position as the centre of the UK automotive sector to become a multi-modal transport hub.
The event will focus on three key topics:
- The design of integrated, multi-modal transport systems for people and goods
- The future role of the Car in the city
- Transport & Air quality
Keynote speaker-Stephen Joseph OBE
Stephen is the Executive Director of Campaign for Better Transport. Stephen became the executive director of Campaign for Better Transport in 1988. His transport policy expertise is widely regarded, and he is regularly called to serve as a governmental advisor.
Other speakers include:
- Sandeep Shingadia – Head of Programme Development at Transport for West Midlands who will be presenting on ‘Integrated Transport’
- Mike Lyons, Programme Director for Area North, HS2 Ltd
- University of Warwick – Paul Jennings
- Birmingham City University – Slyvia Broadley
- Roland Hunziker – World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Birmingham City University
We will be joined by the West Midlands Mayoral candidates who will share their vision for the future of sustainable transport services and the transport sectors in the new West Midlands Combined Authority.
It will be followed by a buffet lunch to host the presentation of the MEBC Business Awards, which showcase the success of Midlands businesses and organisations implementing sustainable development or operating in the Low Carbon sector ( and the SWM Green Business Leaders Awards)