Our focus groups work towards delivering WBCSD’s Vision 2050 and Action 2020 Programmes in the UK.
They are member-led and bring together companies from across the UK who may not ordinarily work together to deliver projects and create new business opportunities.
- Energy Group
- Manufacturing and Engineering Focus Group
- Natural Capital & Ecosystems Valuation
- Water Group
UK BCSD Energy Group
Chaired by E.ON
The Energy Group continues to deliver exemplar site visits, ongoing research programmes with partners focusing on removing barriers to energy efficiency investment and identifying funding opportunities to support implementation.
Our objectives areProduce a set of guidance documents on energy efficiency and renewable technologies for SMEs.
Examine energy and carbon management in the construction of major infrastructure projects in relation to managing energy demand and improving energy security and carbon emission reduction.
- Distributed Energy Technologies Guide
- Finding suitable finance
- Business benefits of implementing energy efficiency
- Best practice case studies
Raise awareness about finance issues relating to the implementation energy efficiency and security
- Carbon management – major infrastructure projects
- Smart Grid & grid capacity (to encompass DE schemes)
- Waste to Energy programmes
- Smart Cities (energy demand)
- Access to capex, especially for SMEs
- Alternative financing models and their availability
- Improved public procurement of energy management systems
- Ownership and management of risk associated large DE schemes.
Manufacturing and Engineering Focus Group
Chaired by Tata Steel
Our objectives are.
- Onshoring/Reshoring in the UK
- Complete and publish findings of ongoing research programme
- Promoting market opportunity for UK business in Sustainable Construction in China
- UK Supply Chain development for Offshore Wind
Natural Capital & Ecosystems Valuation Business Reference Group.
Our objectives are:
Pilot projects to include:
- Test the value of ecosystems services valuation as a business tool through at least three pilot studies
- Develop CEV Lite as an accessible business package for SMEs and delivery across supply chains
- Engage with policymakers at national and local level on biodiversity and biodiversity offsetting as an economic tool
- Maintain involvement with key agencies (e.g. NCC, VNN, Natural Capital Coalition, Defra) and provide ongoing input to operations and policy debate
- Natural Capital City Model roadtesting
- Llandarcy, South Wales Land Use pilot
- National Grid resilience project
- Trio project, ecosystems and supply chains supply (National Grid, Skanska, Lafarge Tarmac)
To view the focus group page click here
UK BCSD Water Focus GroupChaired by Ondeo Industrial Solutions
Water as a critical resource – 2015 objectives
– Raise the profile of water as a Critical Resource on the corporate agenda
– Catalyse behavioural change in UK business by promoting practical sustainable solutions to improved water management building on global experience of WBCSD
– Develop a business friendly water management performance measurement tool for high demand sectors to enable companies to target process improvement to reduce demand and contract effectively for supply when water competition is introduced
– Provide a focus for innovation and investment in R&D for products and services which reduce risk and improve the resilience of the water infrastructure; reduce the need for new infrastructure especially in urban environments; and support small-scale localised water management and treatment facilities.
This group is chaired by Ondeo Industrial Solutions